Monday 12 November 2007

Summer into Autumn




Well i can't believe it was as long ago as April i last wrote in my Blog. As usual once the Sun comes out my foot comes off the work pedal and lunch breaks seem to get longer. I discovered the delights of a bag out at the Cafe Roma (by the Civic Centre) this Summer. I like my Earl Grey weak, so the Kiosk staff kindly leave the bag out for me. My friends Jake and Mario often join me there to discuss our individual artistic backgrounds. The Roma guys have even named a coffee after Jake. I did two Zen retreats with my teacher Reb Anderson during June and August. The first was for a week in Switzerland at a beautiful place called Felsentor overlooking lake Lucerene. This image was taken from my room at 5.30am. The retreat was held in a replica of an authentic Japanese Temple, it was built with all the traditional materials down to the last detail. The second retreat was at Gaia Hse near Newton Abbot.
The Autumn has found me making up for lost time in the Summer and preparing work for various exhibitions. This Xmas I'll be showing new work at the Artmill Gallery in Hyde Park Road, opening on November 17th. Another one of my recent tasks is writing a Zen item for the Last Friday Newsletter I'll be posting the items on my Blog ASAP and hope you find them worth a look.

No comments: